6 Ways to Make a Snow Day not so Boring
Well it happened, we got the first snow of the season. And on top of that super cold temps!! I don’t know about you, but I have no desire to even leave the house or even my bed, but I know that I can’t stay in bed for the next week and a half until I have to go back to school. So what to do? Below are 5 ways to spend your snow day. Try one or all five!
- Make a whole batch of hot cocoa from scratch and cookies to go with it! What better way to stay warm than sipping on a mug of hot cocoa. Head over to Pinterest to find a recipe and while you are at find a cookie recipe you have never made before and test it out!
2. Binge watch a Netflix or Hulu show that you have been dying to watch, but just haven’t had the time. Not that you don’t binge watch on the regular, but now you don’t have to feel guilty about it!
3. Head over to Pinterest and search for a craft project you’ve always wanted to do. Now you have no excuse not to do it or to stop in the middle of it! You are stuck inside. Teach yourself to knit, make some jewelry, transfer your favorite picture to a piece of wood. The options are endless!
4. Read a book! Break out the kindle and order a book or break out an actual book you’ve had sitting on the shelf for who knows how long and cuddle up on the couch with a blanket and get to reading. This is the perfect time because you aren’t distracted with other homework.
5. Stream a podcast and clean your room. There are so many podcasts out there on so many different subjects. They have funny, serious, fictional, nonfictional. Literally pick a subject you want to learn about and you can find a podcast on it. And while you are at it make your mom happy, she has been begging you to clean up your room!
6. Practice your makeup skills! Head over to YouTube and watch your favorite makeup artist’s makeup tutorials and try them out. Get your makeup wipes ready! What a better day to try this because just in case you end up looking like an 80’s rock star you don’t have to show your face in public, but be sure to snap a pic when you nail that new contouring technique!
Tell us in the comments your favorite way to spend a snowy day!
- google: http://www.tnp.sg/news/singapore/they-make-sacrifices-binge-watch-tv-shows
- google: http://www.lifehack.org/344294/why-you-should-read-books-from-every-country-the-world-with-30-books-recommended